This is where you can get answers to frequently asked questions. If your query is not listed here, Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the steps to log in into SAE International web site?
Kindly go through the following steps to login.
- Now you are in our home page in our website www.saeindia.org.
- In this Home page of SAEINDIA, you will notice on the right hand top corner the logo of SAE International.
- Click this logo and get into their website. Alternatively straight away go to their website www.sae.org.
- Here on topside, you will notice “Login / MySAE
- Click this and you will be asked to give your User ID and password.
- Use your user ID and your password and submit.
- You will be welcomed in My SAE
- On left hand top corner, you have “search. With various options underneath.
- Then proceed with instructions given
We hope that with this, you will be able to access what you want.
Why SAEINDIA and what does it do?
SAEINDIA, the Society of Automotive Engineers is a group affiliated to SAE International, the Society of Automotive Engineers of nearly 90,000 engineers, business executives, educators, and students from more than 97 countries form our network of members who share information and exchange ideas for advancing the engineering of mobility systems. More than 16,000 volunteer leaders serve on SAE Board of Directors and SAE`s many other boards, councils and committees. The technical committees write more new aerospace and automotive engineering standards than any other standards-writing organization in the world.
SAE International publish thousands of technical papers and books each year, and leading-edge periodicals and Internet and CD-ROM products too. Their Cooperative Research Program helps facilitate projects that benefit the mobility industry as a whole. Numerous meetings and expositions provide worldwide opportunities to network and share information. Like them we also offer a full complement of professional development activities such as seminars, workshops, and continuing education programs. The meetings and activities of local sections provide an opportunity to network with colleagues near you.
Who are SAEINDIA members?
SAEINDIA members are in various fields – design, manufacture, test, market, and maintain self-propelled land, sea, air, and space vehicles, their components and systems. Engineers from every technical discipline and the professionals who work closely with them improve vehicle efficiency, performance, reliability, and safety. Many SAEINDIA members are leaders in the field who serve as key resources for the engineering community.
How to become a SAEINDIA member?
The procedure to become a member is detailed below for your kind information.
- Download the membership application form available in our website.
- Fill up the application form and duly sign the same
- You can pay the applicable membership fee by way of DD/Cheque drawn from any Nationalized/Scheduled Bank favouring SAEINDIA payable at Chennai,
Membership Fee Structure:
Membership year for new enrolment is April 1st to March 31st : Student applications received Jan’ 1st through March 31st will be held for the next membership year beginning April 1st , if not stated implicitly.
Student Annual Dues are Rs.472/- ( GST 18%)
First year students can pay the membership fee as Rs.1600+315 (18% Service Tax) for all 4 years + Rs. 500 1year for transfer of membership to Associate Membership.
Students can also join the 4+1 scheme & enrol themselves till one year after the passing out year. The student 4+1 enrolment scheme is as follows:
- 4+1 – 1st Year Student 400 x 4 + 500 = Rs.2100/- + Rs.378/- = Rs.2478/-
- 3+1 – 2nd Year Student 400 x 3 + 600 = Rs.1800/- + Rs.324/- = Rs.2124/-
- 2+1 – 3rd Year Student 400 x 2 + 700 = Rs.1500/- + Rs.270/- = Rs.1770/-
- 1+1 – 4th Year Student 400 x 1 + 800 = Rs.1200/- + Rs.216/- = Rs.1416/-
- Annual Membership 400 x 1 + Rs.72/- = Rs.472/-
The membership card will be valid for a period of which the member is paying the subscriptions as stated above.
The Student gets a substantial monetary benefit if opts for the 4+1 scheme. If he joins normally after passing out, his membership starts at a fee of Rs.1298 /- as against the above. Alternatively if the Institution collects Rs 2478/- during the first year, there is no further need for the collection process till the student passes out. The student also gets an additional year as the benefit.
Professional Membership (New & Renewal)
Membership fee below 28 yrs and faculty – Fees: 1100 + GST 18% : 198 = 1298/- (valid for 12 months)
Membership fee above 28 yrs Fees : 1400+ GST 18%: 252 =1652/- (valid for 12 months)
10yr membership (faculty & industry members) : 10000 + GST 18% = 11800/- (valid for 120 months)
Renewal : No renewal option given for student membership. Professionals can renew their membership before the due or before their 90days grace period gets over.
Online Payment : https://www.payumoney.com/store/buy/saeindia-membership
Payment can also be done through online funds transfer. Please note our bank details as given below.
ICICI A/c. : 000101202792,
A/C Name : SAEINDIA
Branch : Teynampet
IFSC : ICIC0000001
- Mail us the filled-in application form duly signed along with the DD/Cheque or online payment details to our address given below.
- On receipt of the membership application form with the payment, the membership will be processed.
As per our internal guidelines, the membership will be approved and the membership card will be sent to the applicant’s address. SAEINDIA reserves the right to accept or refuse a membership application.
On approval, the membership details will also be uploaded to SAE International Website for issue of log-in credentials, enabling the member to access applicable online services provided by SAE International.
We look forward to welcoming you to SAEINDIA.