Job Title: Head – Finance
Experience: Overall 12-15 Years. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a non-profit/charity/trust in Tamilnadu.
Qualification: Chartered Accountant
A member-driven, 24 years old professional society, SAEINDIA is actively looking for a strategic and forward-looking thinker as their Head Finance. The Head Finance will need to manage the cash flow and finances of SAEINDIA effectively. He/She will be ably supported by a four-member finance team, internal auditor, and a finance-mentor.
The core areas:
Budget Preparation, Maintenance of Accounts, MIS, Internal Audit, Fund management, Preparation of Annual Accounts, Effective Expenditure Control and Legal compliance
Job Description and Expected Skillsets:
Ensure the smooth running of all financial activities of SAEINDIA office and events, including being the financial conscience that ensures efficient utilization of available financial resources.
- Provide expert guidance and support to the DDG for financial operations and recommendations to the Managing Committee on ways to improve the financial health of SAEINDIA.
- Manage the activities of the Finance Team of SAEINDIA, guide the team in accomplishing the tasks. Establish metrics to ensure efficient operations.
- Prepare the budget for ALL activities of SAEINDIA in coordination with Boards / Forums / Committees for the various activities and the office.
- Analyze the budgets and overall financial health of SAEINDIA, prepare a five-year plan, including Risks & Opportunities – and present to the Managing Committee at least once a year
- Maintain the accounting systems for the SAEINDIA Office and ensure office finance activities are up to date; (On-time Salary disbursement, SLA for reimbursements)
- Present budget vs. actuals and variance to the Management Committee once a quarter, and recommend ways to improve operations.
- Complete Account Closure and prepare an audited balance sheet within 100 days of the closing of the fiscal year. Support the auditing process as required. Ensure all statutory compliances are met for SAEINDIA.
- Maintain a running list of observations from the internal auditor, take appropriate actions to close them and report them back to finance board
- Develop / strengthen procedures and systems, and an operating rhythm to enable smooth functioning of financial activities of SAEINDIA, including coordination with critical committees and events.
- Compliance with provisions of Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act in all matters including Filing of Quarterly/Annual returns with the registrar of Societies and Filing of annual accounts
- Develop / strengthen procedures to track accounts payable and receivables regularly. Follow up with account receivables to ensure that SAEINDIA gets all the amounts promised from various sources.
Reporting Structure: This position administratively reports to Dy. Director-General of SAEINDIA and functional reporting to Sr. VP and Chair, Finance Board of SAEINDIA.
All responses to: email@example.com